Sunday, August 13, 2017

Ned Kelly Award

My novel Police At The Station has been shortlisted for the 2017 Ned Kelly Award. There were a record number of entries this year so I'm very honoured indeed to have made the shortlist. This is my fifth shortlisting in a row for this award and it means that every single novel in the Sean Duffy series has either won or been shortlisted for a major crime fiction award and that makes me very happy! This series didn't come out with a big publisher in either Britain or America so it's always been the little engine that cd. The awards aren't just a slap on the back by your peers, they're a way for you to get noticed when you dont have a PR budget behind you and your novels aren't getting reviewed. Getting shortlisted for the Anthony Award, Theakston and the Dagger and winning the Barry, Ned Kelly and The Edgar has been the difference between me quitting writing for good and soldiering on. So thank you judges very much!